Join us for this free workshop to learn about inclusive education, hear stories of success from a parent guest speaker and see how inclusion works in the regular classroom.
This Workshop is for families of children with disability in or approaching the school years, and will cover:
- Inclusive education - what is it and how will I know when it's real?
- Adjustments - reasonable and practical classroom strategies
- Communication, collaboration and planning - building a good school relationship
- Meetings - skills and strategies to advocate effectively
- Education and beyond - what do we want from our child's schooling?
- How the school years can lead to a meaningful life
Come along and hear from a family member as they share their story of their child who is learning in the regular classroom.
Our independent organisation is fully funded so we can offer these important workshops at no cost to you - however bookings are essential. We keep these workshops small as we find this improves the chance for connections with local families.